In the Footsteps of Jesus and the Prophet:
Sociality, Caring and the Religious Imagination In the Filipino Diaspora
The Footsteps Project is a major two year research project funded within the AHRC Diaspora Programme, concerned with the experiences of Filipino carers living and working in the Middle East.
Aims of the project:
- To investigate patterns of sociability and community formation among Christian and Muslim Filipinos, migrating to sites holy to Islam and Christianity.
- To investigate and theorise the relationship between diaspora, gender and the religious imagination
- To investigate and theorise complex notions of ‘home' and sacred geography among religious migrants
- To investigate and theorise the subjectivities of Filipino carers in the diaspora
- To study the experiences of returnee migrants and their families in the Philippines